Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sellout

Did I ever mention how much I LOVE my dogs?

This little guy is Titan. He is FULL cockapoo, yes he is always mistaken for a chihuahua but he came from two cockapoos.
 He's 6 lbs and he's the smartest dog I know.
 We didn't get a long when we first met but later we couldn't be apart.

This big one is Maximus. He's half cockapoo (same moms) but I dont know what the dad is. Everyone just thinks he's a miniature golden retriever.
 He's 26 lbs and he isn't the brightest crayon but he is the most loving dog in the world. I even considered making him a therapy dog because he would run to everyone at the park and just say hi.
My dogs are the sweetest dogs I know and I know they wouldn't hurt a fly. I genuinely love them and it's a big part of the reason why I want to be vegetarian soon.

Also, they made me realize all the dreams and hopes I had in high school. I've never really known what I wanted to do in life but I know I've always wanted to help people. But, for some reason I've started going the other way and even at some point I wanted to be those corporate jerks and be an investment banker.

I've been working at Bloomingdale's for about a year and a half and everytime I help out a customer I would feel really good about myself. For example, I've been helping out this Korean customer who never received reward certificates and after many visits and phonecalls during the span of 2 months, I've resolved it for her. Not only was she grateful and even gave me a $25 gift card to Starbucks (my weakspot) I've realized something.

Not only did she purchase $50,000 in Chanel bags that year but every time she's visited she's worn a mink coat, Burberry toggle cashmere coat and carried Chanel AND Hermes bags. WTF?! Why am I using all my energy to help out someone so privileged? Then I realized I'm a huge sellout. I kept wondering what kind of person I've become. I've always wanted to help the orphans in North Korea and be a veterinarian and made sure I've recycled and now I've become the person I've never wanted to be.

A corporate sellout.

At least this kick-start my quest to doing something meaningful in my life.

a n n i e

1 comment:

  1. Wow you must see some serious purchases at Bloomies!! Of course the woman searching for her reward certificates doesnt even need them. I hope you figure out what you want to do, but until then I'd still have fun working there :)

    Your dogs are adorable!! I'm so thrilled we got our pooch, he just adds so much happiness to our lives!

    ReplyDelete