Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bread and Cocoa

Richard and I decided we would run early in the morning today since last week but decided we were too tired and wanted to sleep in. Then my mind started going crazy about pastries, bread and a big cup of coffee. It may have to do with the fact that I was watching Julie and Julia or I did 12 miles with Richard yesterday but I was feening for some!

Then Richard texted me and said that we could get coffee and pastries instead of running and the moment made me grab my heart in sentiment. I think it just has to do with a lot of things because coffee and pastries was something I did with my grandma when I was little.

Anyways, before getting pastries Richard, my sister and I got some Mexican food. 
 I love Mexican restaurants that give you chips and salsa fo free.
 I got enchiladas. They were meh.

Then we headed off down the yellow brick road and went to Copenhagen Bakery in Burlingame!
 Got my usual dutch crunch loaf and sweet French baguette.
 Then I shared two raspberry pastries with Richard. It was very comforting. It reminded me of childhood.

I was basically raised by my grandmother because my parents worked like dogs to provide for us and I spent every waking moment with her. Every morning we mostly had the same breakfast and it became like a routine for us. She would make some coffee for herself in a rose patterned china cup and saucer and hot cocoa in a plastic cup for me and we would dip our crusty French bread in it and enjoy our mornings together. I eventually wanted to be an adult really bad so she switched me to the rose-patterned china cup and saucer as well. I don't really remember what we talked about but I remember my mornings with hot cocoa and bread with my grandma. So I really cherise every warm moment that includes hot drinks and pastries. =)
Then we saw this cute little poodle! He/she was a lot smaller than Titan (and he's only 6 lbs!!) and I was awwwwing the whole time! I love doggies!

Well I am going to stuff my face with the rest of my Mexican meal and tune out to some Friends before I have to return the DVDs to my friend.

Goodnight!

a n n i e

4 comments:

  1. Those are such lovely memories! Food can really bring you back! Free chips + salsa at Mexican restaurants is the absolute best. Hope your Monday is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love me some mexican!!

    i wont go to a restaurant if they dont have free chips and salsa.
    chipotle is an exception. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm going to have to try that bakery in Burlingame! Hope you had a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live off of chips and salsa! Can't wait til I can grill again and make my baja fresh salsa - I just opened the last jar I canned last summer!

    ReplyDelete