Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bad News Bears

Richard and I decided that we are going to try every restaurant on Haight/Ashbury after our therapy session (that is where our sessions are located). However, we couldn't last night due to it being crowded and there wasn't any parking so we went out for Japanese instead!
 I first started off with a spicy tuna handroll. It was alright and I don't get the tuna mush mixed with hot sauce? I know really good Japanese restaurants where they will cube the tuna so you still get somewhat of a texture. The wasabi was way too green and pungent.

It could have also been due to me feeling off and I was oversensitive to smells and taste.
 Of course I got the udon.
Tempera udon. I usually love bell peppers but the smell was getting to me so I couldn't eat it. Yuck.

Anywho, on to the serious stuff.

I got laid off today.

It was totally unexpected and I am in shock and I called my mama and finally broke down and cried. At least I am getting severance package and am able to apply for unemployment and I'm thankful my birthday is in March so I have some income plus my tax refund to tide me over.

However, I don't know what my plans are as of right now. The obvious and most logical thing to do is apply for another job but I don't know what kind of work I am looking forward to do. Either way I think I'm going to take a vacation from all the stress and just relax and go to school starting next semester. Hopefully I can just take this time to really find out what I want to do in life and work on my relationship with Richard because really that is what is important to me right now.

Life is funny isn't it?

Maybe it's God's way of pushing me to do the humanitarian work I've been wanting to do and in a way give me the "fear" (friend's reference) to do it!

Either way, there has got to be some hard thinking to do.

a n n i e

4 comments:

  1. Annie, I'm so sorry. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw :( I'm so sorry to hear about getting laid off. I'm sure you will find something fantastic soon. Dinner looks pretty tasty- especially the noodle soup. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw gurl! so sorry you got laid off! That really stinks. Keep your head up though! I'm sure something else will come around soon! And yes, I am in your same boat- jump searching sucks!!

    But yay for maybe starting school! School keeps me sane!

    And hurrah for Japanese food!! I spot kamaboko in your udon!! :D



    hugs and hope your weekend is god at least!!

    hugs,
    gc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Annie. I'm so sorry...but honestly, I can't help thinking...that something better, and greater, is out there waiting for you. God never takes something away without having a greater intention to it, and having something much, much bigger prepared.

    I am praying for you, Annie. Be at peace, and I hope you build your faith in this whole process.

    ReplyDelete