Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Giving Thanks

I have been a very bad blogger. I have actually been working a lot more since I do work in retail and the holiday season is the biggest money-making time.

I also hate that I don't have any consistency. I will do good for a couple of days and then I will go back to being lazy. For example, I wanted to make butternut squash soup and made sure I got all the ingredients. Two weeks later, the butternut squash is still on the counter, uncut and the celery has gone bad. I've also been trying to eat salad every day at work (even though it's cold) and half the mixed greens aren't eaten and 3 bell peppers are still in the fridge (still hoping they are still plump and delicious!).

Time to get my life back on track and really learn time management especially updating my blog.

Anywho, I haven't done a Thanksgiving post yet!

Thanksgiving has got to be my most favorite holiday. The food is good, the ambiance is great and even though Black Friday is around the corner you can't help but to be in a good mood. I got to my cousin's house around 1 pm and we got to making a lot of dishes.


 Turkey was cooked in a bag this year and came out really moist and juicy! A real winner!
We had a total of 11 dishes. It was hard work but I'm glad everything came out great!
We had
  • turkey
  • steak (for the non turkey eaters) and also cooked to everyone's liking
  • salmon with onions, jalapenos, garlic and mayo
  • penne pasta with garlic, butter, tomatoes, broccoli, shrimp, alfredo sauce, onions and lemon juice
  • salad
  • brussel sprouts with bacon, onions, mushrooms and garlic
  • cornbread muffins
  • green bean casserole
  • sweet potato casserole
  • garlic mashed potatoes
  • stuffing
I had a green salad with my aunt's bomb vinaigrette (remind to get the recipe).
This was my first plate and it had a little bit of everything.

Thanksgiving was great this year and it was fun times with my family.

Time to get a move on with school and preparing for the holidays now.

a n n i e

No comments:

Post a Comment