Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Nona's Kitchen

T'was a beautiful Sunday and the sky was clear. It was a perfect day for brunch and then lounging at the beach.

That is exactly what Richard and I did today.

We wanted to eat at High Tides but it was too packed so we decided to eat next door at Nona's Kitchen.

We were brought homemade biscuits with butter and jam as a starter. I thought it was too thin for biscuits! Biscuits need to be THICK and fluffy.
Regular coffee for Richard and French-pressed for me. Coffee is best when pressed or dripped with a little bit of cream.
I ordered the eggs benedict which came on top of their homemade biscuits! Not a bad idea, but if I had known, I wouldn't have stuffed two biscuits beforehand.
Then we went to the beach, laid a towel and just relaxed and talked. We both forgot our phones which led Richard to make a sundial that surprisingly worked really well.

It just goes to show how smart people were back then.

[ pictures were taken with iPhone ]
[ a n n i e ]

1 comment:

  1. Those biscuits and jam look amazing -- you two go to the best breakfasts!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete