Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Broken Painted Hearts
Ever hear of people dying of a broken heart? As romantic as it sounds, it is very harsh in reality. I haven't been sleeping, I've been eating but still constantly losing weight and it's hard for me to get out of bed. I've been sick for more than a month now and I haven't been sick in a couple of years. From all of my symptoms and no matter how I want to get better mentally, my heart just doesn't want to go on.
I don't expect people to understand...

I went to a dinner with my sister and my friend who's been worried about my state (she's been with me through this whole ordeal) decided to get some Japanese food.

*I love Japanese food, the only Asian food I grew up with was Korean and Japanese food. Little do people know, Korean and Japanese food are very similar. Japanese food was always made in my house like tonkatsu, miso soup, udon, ramen, chicken teriyaki, seaweed salad and soba. Chinese food was always our go-to restaurant where we would get steamed dumplings filled with minced pork, chives, and ginger. I love Chinese dumplings a lot. Korean and Japanese don't have as much flavor or a variety and it's often filled with noodles but nothing compares to Chinese dumplings*

So we went to Okazu-ya in San Francisco and I got a shrimp tempura udon. I also shared salmon roll, spicy tuna roll, simple green salad (gotta love the mayo-based dressing) and of course my lovely seaweed salad.

I left feeling really content with food in my belly, good conversations with friends all while drinking green tea.
It actually warmed my soul tonight.
a n n i e

1 comment:

  1. i like korean rice cake stuff. then there's this cold noodle soup dish that my brother made for me. he learned how to make it from his wife who's korean. i can't handle kim chee, too spicy (;

    ReplyDelete