Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Obsessions

So I will be having a new segment in my blog called Obsessions. I will be counting down 5 obsessions per week and why I am obsessed at the moment.

5. Red Lips
I love red lips. I think it started when I was a little girl and I would watch my grandma put her makeup on before she went out. When she would be absent, I would tiptoe carefully into her room and then smear the red lipstick onto my lips and pretend I was older while walking around my house tiptoeing like I was wearing heels. She then would scold me for putting on her makeup and was forbidden to do it ever again. The next few times I would do it on the shy but she would figure it out somehow like finding tissue paper with red lipstick smeared on it in the trash.

As I grew older I started becoming obsessed with fashion and old Hollywood actresses and they all had red lips in common. It's kind of hard for me to wear red lipstick sometimes because in Korea, red lips mean you work at bars or something low-class so my mom would never respond nicely to my red lips.

What do I do and say to that? I am American and red lips here are FAB!

a n n i e

3 comments:

  1. hahah- too cute! I've never tried out red lips! Certain actresses can really ROCK them though! I love this segment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. red lips are always beautiful but they have to be done right!

    www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could pull off the red lips look because they are so fierce!

    ReplyDelete